Grid Connect Sine Wave Inverter
12VDC 2000W,24VDC 2000W, 48VDC 2000W
If you haven't been living under a rock for the past few years, then you will have certainly heard about the generous rebates that the Australian government is providing for "Grid-connected photovoltaic systems". Such systems are basically a bunch of solar panels on your property, which are in turn connected to the electricity grid via a "Grid-Tie Inverter" which allows the solar generated electricity to be fed back into the mains electrical grid, effectively turning your home into a renewable energy power station. On top of doing your bit for the environment, most electricity providers now offer generous "feed-in tariffs" for the renewable solar power that you generate, which means that they PAY YOU for the solar power that your house is now generating (contact your local electricity provider for details. Tariffs vary from state to state). Contrary to what you might think, standard Grid-Tie solar systems don't offer any power backup during a blackout, even if there is sunlight blaring down on your house.
These SolarWorx Grid-Tie inverters differ from most Grid-Tie inverters currently on the market, as they allow you to feed power back into the grid either directly from your solar panel array, or feed power back into the grid from a battery bank that is charged externally by your solar array or other renewable source using an external solar charge controller. This provides a level of flexibility rarely seen with grid-tie inverters on the market, as it easily allows you to combine the government sponsorship of a grid-tie system with the full power management and backup power capabilities of our fantastic SuperCombi and CombiPlus systems.
If connected directly to the solar array, photovoltaic power is controlled by the SolarWorx grid-tie using Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) to ensure the maximum amount of solar power is obtained and fed back into the grid at all times.
As mentioned, the bonus feature of these SolarWorx grid-tie inverters is that they can alternatively use a battery bank to convert battery stored power and feed that back into the grid. This enables much greater control over the way you manage and store the solar generated power, as it allows you to easily connected to pre-existing battery based systems, or gives you the ability to add multiple renewable power sources such as wind and hydro, or even add an advanced power management system such as a SuperCombi or CombiPlus to provide full blackout and power backup protection.
The features go even further, with the ability to build advanced "hybrid" systems whereby the SolarWorx grid-tie inverter and a SuperCombi can be linked together, giving all the advanced features of the SuperCombi (such as mains charger timing to take advantage of lower off-peak tariffs, power backup protection, etc) whilst simultaneously BOOSTING the output power capacity of the SuperCombi (to the extent of what is available from the Grid-Tie inverter), and also providing the financial benefit of grid-tie feed-in tariffs.
Available in 12V, 24V and 48V variations, and rated at 2000W cont @ 50C output, these SolarWorx grid-tie inverters will allow you to maximise your government rebate and yet still allow you to further expand your solar system in the future without needing to replace your Grid-Tie inverter.These are backed by an Australian-serviced 2 year manufacturer's warranty.
Extended warranty options are also available.
NOTE: Contact your local electricity provider for details on grid-tied solar power credits. Special metering is required to receive feed-in tariffs.
- Grid Tie Inverter 12VDC 2000W
- Grid Tie Inverter 24VDC 2000W
- Grid Tie Inverter 48VDC 2000W
• Max input power at 50'C 2400W
• Max DC input current: 180A/90A/45A
• Max DC input voltage: 40V/80V/130V
• MPPT range: 16.5~32VDC / 33~ 64VDC / 66~128VDC
• Output power nominal at 50'C: 2000W
• Output power max: 2200W
• Output voltage range: 205 - 265VAC
• Output frequency: 50Hz-+1Hz
• Night power consumption: Nil
• Input/output isolation: 3500VDC via toroid transformer
• Anti islanding protection: Over/under voltage, over/under frequency, active phase shift
• Parameters displayed: PV voltage, PV current
• AC grid voltage, current, feed power, kWh
• Dimensions: 424(H) x 256(W) x 368(D)mm
• Weight: 26kg
• Approval No: SAA100339
*Wind turbine generators must have clean DC output. External turbine regulator may be required for AC/3-phase wind generators where a battery bank is not used.
• AC circuit breaker built in
• Suitable for use with solar, wind*, hydro or other renewable energy sources
• Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) system
• High efficiency
• Pure sine wave output
• Low frequency inverter design (based on toroidal transformer)
• LCD front panel display provides readout of system parameters
• Programmable via front panel
• Feeds power to the grid either directly from a solar array or from energy stored in a battery bank
• Optional external remote control